Info

Noise Nuggets is a music blog created by a bunch of friends who love music. Our hope here at the Nugz is that through our posts, you will be exposed to a variety of genres of muzik.

If you want us to hear your music, feel free to send us links to your bands Myspace/downloads, we love hearing new shit.
** If anything on this site offends anyone or if you'd just like to get in touch with us, send us an email at Noisenuggets@gmail.com**

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Punk?!?....Japandroid's Post-Nothing LP


Japandroids, a punk/noise rock band from Vancouver, recently caught my attention when I randomly stumbled upon them on Itunes. I have started to really dig guitar/drum bands and I find it impressive that bands such as the Japandroids can create such a full sound with just two instruments. On their debut LP Post-Nothing, the Japandroids have managed to create a busy/noisy style while still playing tight. The vocal melodies and harmonies are equally as powerful, and contain lyrics pertaining to love, rebellion, and the rising youth. I am a fan of the album and especially like the second track, "Young Hearts Spark Fire". If you have any bit of punk in ya, i highly recommend getting this album.

Japandroids - Young Hearts Spark Fire

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The do sound really full for a two piece. First few time I heard them I had no idea it was just guitar, drums, and vocals. I wonder how they get that sound….???

-Colin

Beau said...

I think the guitar has alot to do with it. There needs to be full sound out of the guitar at almost all times. Thats not to take away from there drummer though...he also kills it and adds to their fullness...2 piece bands like this still trip me out