Info

Noise Nuggets is a music blog created by a bunch of friends who love music. Our hope here at the Nugz is that through our posts, you will be exposed to a variety of genres of muzik.

If you want us to hear your music, feel free to send us links to your bands Myspace/downloads, we love hearing new shit.
** If anything on this site offends anyone or if you'd just like to get in touch with us, send us an email at Noisenuggets@gmail.com**

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Road Trip Musik

After driving around 12 hrs, I made it to Philly, where I plan to stay for a night or two. The original plan was to download a shit load of new music to listen to on the way up, but never got around to it. I found myself re-listening to bands that I've been obsessed with at one point or another, which on road-trips i find quite nice. So I thought id write a little about each album...

Built To Spill - Ancient Melodies of the Future. I've been a big fan of Built to Spill ever since I first heard them. Sometimes sounding as if it's being played out of a garage, Built To Spill are one of my favorite indie bands from the 90s. Lead singer Doug Martsch to me makes the band, and i've always really liked the raw toned voice that he has. Recorded in 2001, Ancient Melodies of the Future threw Built To Spill into the spotlight as a notable indie-rock band. My favorite tracks are "You Are", "The Host", and "Trimmed and Burning".
Death Cab For Cutie - We Have the Facts and Were Voting Yes. The first Death Cab album I ever listened to was Plans and at first listen I wasn't really into them. After spending more time listening however, I grew to love Death Cab. One of their first albums ever released, We Have the Facts and Were Voting Yes (2000) shows off Death Cab's chill side. Full of heartsick lyrics and stories, Ben Gibbard's talent as a song-writer is clearly exhibited in this album. This album is one of my favorites to listen to on the road. My favorite tracks are "405", "Title Track", "Scientist Studies", and "The Employment Pages".
My Morning Jacket - The Tennessee Fire. Released in 1999, The Tennessee Fire is MMJ's first LP. I heard MMJ for the fist time on the 2005 Bonnaroo dvd where they performed "One Big Holiday". I instantly became in love with that song and immediately downloaded/really liked their album It Still Moves. I'm a huge fan of Jim James and love the acoustic/country styles that My Morning Jacket has. Being their first release, The Tennessee Fire is far from a perfect album. The album does however truly shows James's early talent as a songwriter/singer. Incorporating styles of folk, blues and country, the Tennessee Fire was a perfect match for the hills of Virginia. My Favorite tracks are "If All Else Fails", "Nashville to Kentucky", "The Bear", "Old Sept. Blues", and "Heartbreakin Man".

No comments: